Bulgaria: Bulgarian state-owned Electricity System Operator (ESO) said that it has picked a local tie-up to build a 400 kV overhead transmission line, which will connect the coastal cities of Varna and Burgas, for a total of $53.2 M (92.7 M levs /47.4 M euro).
The tie-up, comprising engineering companies Kristalna Voda and Emu, won all three lots of a tender for awarding contracts for construction of the three sections of the power line, ESO said.
The three contracts, which will benefit from EU funding under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF), were signed on June 18.
According to registry agency data, Kristalna Voda holds a 90% stake in the winning tie-up, while Emu controls the remaining 10%.
The Varna-Burgas power line is part of a larger project, envisaging construction of a 400 kV overhead transmission line between Dobrudzha and Burgas power substations.
Source: See News