Chennai, India: A fire gutted almost 12 huts in Dooming Kuppam area in Chennai, however, no casualties were reported in the incident.
The fire is attributed to a short circuit in the transformer. An officer from Mylapore police station said that there seemed to have been a power problem in the area and that on Friday, the supply was interrupted for about 10 times. He thinks this could have resulted in the transformer malfunctioning and the fire starting as a result.
The fire incident is currently under investigation.
Source: The News Minute